Life needs to slow down a bit!! I hate that I haven't written anything in so long! Josh and I have hardly been home lately being busy almost every night after work.
Last weekend Josh and I went on our yearly camping trip in northern AR. Since we moved here I have gone every year to the War Eagle craft fair. Josh has joined me the last couple years and we have made a fun camping weekend out of it. This year the weather was absolutely perfect for camping/being outdoors and the colors were beautiful.
We got to our campsite (Rocky Branch Campground on Beaver Lake) late Thursday afternoon and set everything up once we got there. We love this campground because it is right on the lake, small and secluded. After getting set up we started our campfire and made some burgers for dinner.
Friday morning consisted of antique store shopping in town. We brown bagged it for lunch and then found a good hiking trail that afternoon. We were both tired after our hike so we went back to the tent and took an 1.5 hour nap!! Really there is nothing better than taking a nap outdoors in the fall. Josh insisted on having s'mores for dessert that night but we had to have the JUMBO campfire marshmallows! We enjoyed our campfire and a nice walk around the campground that night.
Roasting Marshmallows
These are like 3x the normal size
Apparently this stick branch needed to be in the fire....
Saturday we packed up our campsite and headed to the craft fair. It was the perfect day, weather wise and we both enjoyed looking at the crafts. There were a couple items we had in mind to get and we found all of them. Some were for us, some gifts for others at Christmas.
All in all it was a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This weekend...
Yesterday was Josh's day off so we got some errands done. We did our civic duty and voted early, ran to Lowes, looked for new sunglasses for Josh and found some new 'dress socks' for me (extremely exciting, I know) ....how is it that EVERY pair got a hole in them at the same time???
Today I am finishing up my 'secret project', to be reveled later. Josh is going to work on the never ending project of dining room chairs, they are looking good! We have a couple other little things to get done around the house but nothing too exciting going on here this weekend. Yay!
I hope to blog more consistently, but with the holidays just around the corner, crazy work schedules, and traveling just around the corner who knows if it will really happen!






No comments:
Post a Comment