CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Project Weekend

Josh had a weekend in Fayetteville with the guys so I decided I would work on some projects. 

First off, I don't know if I have mentioned it before but every single time Josh is gone overnight it rains. Every. Single. Time. This time wasn't any different. 


Saturday I started the day out going peach picking with some friends. The peaches are still a bit small, but I got a good amount and have enjoyed eating a couple of them already. 
The afternoon was reserved for projects. Project #1 was sanding down some picture frames I found at a local flea market for CHEAP and spray painting them. I added in a bucket we have had in the garage and a glass dish that was an ugly green.
These items will be going in our bedroom (once the renovation is done). Their purpose will remain a mystery, I can say, I am super excited about how they turned out using them. 



Project #2 was building a providence bench for the front porch. I was able to make all the cuts on my own but had to wait for Josh to get home for help with 2 things. 1- I had never done 'pocket hole screws' before, I needed his guidance on that and 2- I needed his hands to hold the pieces while I put the bench together. All in all I am quite proud I made this bench 95% on my own. I am still deciding whether I should stain or paint the bench.. If I paint it I am not sure what color to go with....
(please ignore our ridiculously long grass)


Tonight I am planning on making some Banana Oatmeal Muffins for this weeks breakfasts. They have no flour or sugar, I'll let you know how they turn out. 
Till next time....









No comments:

Post a Comment