CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 21, 2013

~LIFE~

In case you are not aware, I love music, I love singing, I can't get enough of it. I feel the way God and I really connect is through music. I can read the Bible all day long (which I like to do) but if you put God's word into a song...I am hooked. It puts a smile on my face and at the same time can completely break down my walls. 

Sidenote: just another cool thing about God. He speaks to and works in each of us differently, love it!

I have a couple new favorite songs at the moment (see below). Both of these songs speak to where I have come from over the last 3 years thus why I love them so much. Over the last 3 years I've struggled with loving who I am. I have questioned God, carried burdens I didn't need to on my own, and felt defeated. Some people might say, 'yea, that happens to everyone' but this was all at once, constant and the biggest struggle I have ever gone through. Through LOTS of prayer, seeking, and trusting God to guide me I can confidently say, I have broken through to the other side. I am no longer struggling through life. I know His promises more than ever before and know that I am His beloved child, treasure, and friend. I am not saying everything in my life is prefect because yes, like anyone else in the this world I make mistakes. What is different now is my reaction and attitude toward those mistakes.

I remember crying to Josh several times, "I am so tired of doing this" and thinking things would never change. Sometimes we have to walk around that same old mountain several  a couple times before we really understand and learn what God has for us. 

I think when you are in the middle of a battle it is hard to remember what 'normal' life is like anymore and as I said above you become tired. Don't give up, keep pushing through. My heart is filled with so much joy, happiness and strength now because I fought for and accepted it.

"YOU'RE AN OVERCOMER 
STAY IN THE FIGHT TILL THE FINAL ROUND
YOU'RE NOT GOING UNDER 
CAUSE
GOD IS HOLDING YOU RIGHT NOW"

and 

"WHY DO I TRY TO WORK OUTSIDE OF YOU?
KNOCKING DOWN DOORS I SHOULDN'T BE GOING THROUGH
WELL, I'M SO TIRED
I'M SO TIRED
YOU TAKE MY BURDENS OFF OF MY SHOULDERS
YOU BREAK THE LIES THAT HOLD ME BACK"



~ Enjoy the songs ~




Of course I have to give a shout out to my amazingly patient and caring husband - Thanks for all your prayers and guidance!



No comments:

Post a Comment