I can't believe it has been OVER a month since I last blogged! Where has the time gone? Well this last month was very busy for me with work and other activities so blogging was on the back burner. Anyway, here are some pictures of what I have been up to the last month.
This last month at Monday night Bible Study we decided to do something different/fun for summer and made aprons. I had never made one and just got a sewing machine from a family friend so the timing was perfect! I actually made a reversible apron...mine as well go all the way.
the bottom skirt
first side (note the skirt I was wearing is sticking out so it looks a little funny)
side two
I had fun learning to sew and spending time with the all the lovely ladies in my bible study!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This last week my mom and dad came to visit Josh and I. It rained here the night before so the weather was actually 'cool' and we were able to do lots of stuff outside. Thursday night we decided to take advantage of the wonderful weather and grill (with the horrible heat this summer Josh and I have used our grill maybe twice)! Steak, chicken and shrimp kebabs with veggies, grilled corn and popovers!
Yummm.....
None of us had been to Branson before so we spent Friday-Saturday there. First of all, the weather was more than perfect! On Friday we checked out the new Table Rock Dam visitors center, had dinner on the Showboat Branson Belle, went mini-golfing, watched the fountains at The Landing and of course had some DQ (for my northern friends the closest DQ from our house is 36 miles away, so it is really a treat when we can have it). I forgot our camera and then only had my phone with me part of the time so I only got a couple pictures...oh well!
My new pup and I went for a ride at the dam.
Saturday we walked around town and checked out some of the shops and had a yummy lunch. Dad wanted to see the Yakov Smirnoff show, so we saw that and then started out trek home.
Mom and Dad had their first Chick-Fil-A while visiting as well.
We spent rest of their visit shopping, mom and I got pedicures, relaxing at the house, going to the big dam bridge and of course enjoying some yummy southern restaurants. We had a wonderful time and treasured every moment! Can't wait for their next visit!








Looks like you all had a great time together! I want to come down and visit again now!!!
ReplyDeletehow'd they like Chik-fil-a?! :))
ReplyDeleteLoved it. Had to go another time before they left!
ReplyDelete