CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

Alaska Vacation

Wednesday:
Juneau

Josh and I enjoyed our time in Juneau by walking around and checking out the shops in town. Then we spent some time a the Mendenhall Glacier

Mendenhall Glacier



Looking at some Dahl Sheep up on the Mountain



This is some Ice off of the Glacier. It was amazing how clear and clean it was.





Proof Josh Stole a Rock from the Stream.....

So I wanted Josh to take a picture of me with the glacier. I look behind him to see this walking our way.....

A PORCUPINE


I was really excited to see one so close.

It didn't pay any attention to us. It walked across the bridge, went down into the stream, walked along this branch and disappeared into the woods. 

Nugget Creek Falls
These falls are next to the glacier on the right. 




This iceberg was such a pretty blue...wish it would have shown in the picture more.




Thursday: 
Ketchikan

Today we walked around the town in the morning and got some more shopping done. Then we headed off for out Salmon Fishing trip. I will spare you the anticipation and say now that we didn't catch anything, in fact no one on our boat did. But we still had an AMAZING time and LOTS of FUN. I think the best part for me was all of the eagles we saw here (granted we saw them in all the other towns too). While we were out fishing there were eagle constantly flying above us. One even flew right past us on the side of the boat about 4 ft away, so cool! Enjoy the pictures below....


Our Boat and Captain

Nice Scenery to Look at while Fishing





Can't really see them well but 2 Eagles Flying above us



Huge Eagles Nest in the top middle of picture

Josh Attempting to Reel in a Big One

LOVE THIS GUY!!!

What some of the other boats caught



Friday:
At Sea

Friday was our last day of the cruise. We were at sea all day so we enjoyed the various shows and entertainment they had on board. I didn't really take many pictures while on the ship. I think since I have been fortunate enough to take several cruises I didn't feel the need for more pictures on board....maybe?? Here are the very few I did take though....

Watching a Floral Demonstration



Our Ship at One of the Ports

The Decorated our Door for our Anniversary!

Like I have said before we had an absolutely wonderful time and will treasure every moment.....now it's time to start planning out next vacation! Right?!?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment